Christina Perri Pens A Thousand Years for Breaking Dawn Soundtrack

 For any artist, having a song on the soundtrack of any of the Twilight films is a huge deal, but for 'Jar of Hearts' singer Christina Perri that may be an understatement. Her ballad 'A Thousand Years' was chosen to be a part of the franchise's latest soundtrack.

But for Christina Perri this is more than just a career achievement. She happens to be a 'twihard' herself and has the tattoo to prove it! She told MTV News, "Yes, I am 1,000 percent a 'Twilight' fan. I can't even deny that I am actually, in fact, a Twi-Hard and have a 'Twilight' tattoo. I got a tattoo on my wrist that says 'bitten,' and it's written in the font of all the book titles. So, yes, I am of one the big, geeky fans."

Christina got a chance to see a screening of the film before writing the song. "It wasn't finished. But I still cried. Seriously, that's how good it is," she said. But Christina tried not to get too hyped as she knew there was no guarantee her track would be picked. "I tried not to get hyped out, because it's one of my favorite movies, one of my favorite books, one of my favorite soundtracks, and that could potentially freak out the little songwriter ltms portal registration in me. So I tried to put that aside and take it one step at a time, went to see the movie and cried like a baby, because it's so good, and I felt so lucky to be there," she continued. And then went home and wrote a love song to Edward and Bella... and to have it be chosen, I'm unbelievably honored."

For Christina Perri having her song 'A Thousand Years' included in the film has been a "dream come true." "I have a feeling when I'm sitting in the theater with the cast, and the movie comes on and my song happens, that I'm probably at that moment either going to combust with excitement or finally believe it and probably cry a little."

The music video for the heartfelt ballad features Christina singing in a room of what looks like a thousand candles in between shots of Edward and Bella's wedding. The lyrics are quite fitting for the supernatural couple. "I have died everyday waiting for you / Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years."

Comments

Popular Posts